If you have a friend or employee who is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you know this issue causes expensive challenges for your business. Companies in the United States lose billions each year due to drug and alcohol addiction. Whether the problem is an increase in your health insurance claims, preventable injuries on the job, or lost productivity, you might be at a loss on how to address the issue. Fortunately, we can help.
If one of your employees is suffering from a workplace addiction, reach out to our intervention services. At Southworth Associates, our team has experience convincing those with substance abuse problems to get the treatment they need. Furthermore, with a range of professional recovery options, we’ll support them from the beginning of their decision to seek treatment throughout the rehabilitation journey. Contact our team today at 844.521.0523 to learn how we can help.
Signs of Workplace Addictions
In most cases, coworkers and managers can identify substance abuse around the office. Sadly, drug and alcohol addiction have revealing symptoms, including:
- Unexplainable absences: Have you noticed your coworker missing from their desk for long periods? Do they often leave their workspace for no reason? If so, they may be battling addiction. Furthermore, if they are often late, they may also be suffering from the effects of substance abuse.
- Frequent illness: Many people battling substance abuse have a lowered ability to fight off infections. In addition, a sniffly nose, runny eyes, and frequent headaches could be the result of withdrawal symptoms.
- Changes in appearance: If your coworker is suddenly neglecting personal hygiene or their professional appearance, they may have fallen prey to addiction.
- Mood swings: Changes in behavior that are not due to stress or illness could result from an addiction. The person who was always the epitome of calm may suddenly become irritable or angry. Alternatively, they may suddenly become paranoid. In such cases, it’s possible that they have a workplace addiction.
- Unusual clothing choices: If your employee wears a jacket or long sleeves all the time, they may be hiding needle tracks.
- Mysterious accidents: If your coworker comes to work with odd cuts, scrapes, bruises, or other marks on their body, they may be abusing drugs or alcohol.
Of course, none of these signs in and of themselves indicates drug or alcohol abuse. However, if you see multiple signs of workplace addiction in your coworker, it might be time to reach out for help.
Why Should You Choose Intervention Services?
If your coworker or employee shows signs of substance abuse, you might be unsure of your next steps. While letting the employee go would eliminate the problem for your business, it would not address the heart of the issue. Fortunately, we can help both your company and the person battling workplace addiction with our professional intervention services. We ensure that the intervention goes smoothly and that no tempers flare out of control. Furthermore, we provide sober transport and sober escort services to guarantee that your employee gets to the treatment center that you choose.
However, our services don’t stop there. We also offer a wide array of professional recovery programs, where people in your line of work support each other through recovery. Our professional recovery programs include:
- Physician recovery network
- Lawyer assistance program
- Pharmacist recovery program
- Program for recovering dental professionals
- Program for recovering nurses
With these recovery options, we can ensure that your coworker or employee gets the support and care that they need.
Seek Intervention Services For a Workplace Addiction
Your business doesn’t have to suffer at the hand of substance abuse any longer, and neither does your employee. When you reach out to Southworth Associates, we provide you with the support each person needs for the best possible outcome. To learn more about our intervention services for substance abuse, reach out to our team today by calling 844.521.0523.